What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free birth.
This amazing program teaches you, along with your birth partner, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
You will learn how to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant, and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication.
When you are properly prepared for childbirth and when the mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all mothers in nature.
Through self-hypnosis, special breathing, and visualisation techniques, HypnoBirthing teaches you to release fear and to trust your body’s ability to birth instinctively.
When a woman feels relaxed, safe and supported through childbirth there is a:
- 50% reduction in the caesarean rate
- 25% shorter labour
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 40% reduction in Syntocinon use
- 30% reduction in analgesia use
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
The best decision you can make is to:
- Stages of Labour
- Relaxation/Self Hypnosis
- Nutrition for Pregnancy & Birth
- Support techniques for dad/partner
- Know your body and birth process
- Natural techniques to initiate labour
- Acupressure & Rebozo skills
- The 4th Trimester & Breastfeeding
- Breathing Techniques
- Visualisation Techniques
- Special circumstances & medical intervention
- Massage for reducing or eliminating pain
- Working with the hormones of birth
- Positions & movement for labour & birth
- Pre & perinatal bonding
- Advocating for your birth choices
What will you learn?
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- The role of your birth partner in supporting and advocating for you and your baby
- What’s gone wrong with labour as we know it, why and how to overcome it
- What the Fear-Tension-Pain syndrome is, how to avoid it and reduce pain
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis to eliminate fear and tension through pregnancy and birth
- Techniques of deep relaxation, massage and visualisation during labour
- Special breathing techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- How to greatly reduce the need for drugs and other interventions
- How to create your body’s own natural pain relief and anaesthetic
- Natural ways to stimulate labour without chemical induction
- The importance of bonding before and after the birth of your baby
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to avoid hard physical pushing and tearing
- A toolbox of techniques that will not only change your birth, but will also change your life.
Who is this Course for?
The course is for pregnant couples that want to have the safest, calmest and most positive birth possible for them and their baby.
We have nearly 200 educators in Australia read to work with you. The course is now in 8 major Australian hospitals and over half of our educators are midwives because the course gives parents the very best start to pregnancy, birth and parenting.
The ideal time to attend the HypnoBirthing course is 20 to 35 weeks pregnant.
All of our educators have undertaken the HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator training and are certified practitioners with the HypnoBirthing® Institute. Look for the Gold Seal to ensure you have the original and genuine program.
We look forward to supporting you in your pregnancy and birth journey!