Suddenly trying to get out the door reminds you of that movie - National Lampoon's Vacation. However, it is so important for your sanity (and the babies!) to get out of the house. Try to get out of the house every single day - even if it is just to walk around the block or to the local coffee shop. Plus it’s good for the babies to be outdoors in the natural light. It will help them sleep better, and even the grumpiest teething baby is usually soothed by a pram ride outside.
Here are five tips to help you.
- Always make sure your bag is packed and ready to go so not being organised isn't a deterrent from going out. Restock your nappy bag each night, so you are ready to go.
- Keep a spare bag containing a few nappies, wipes and a change of clothes (for yourself AND the babies!) in the boot of the car. I can assure you, you aren’t going to be too far away from your car or your house. So worst case scenario, you just head back home or to the car.
- One idea is to have two prams, one for walks and one that stays permanently in the car. This makes going out either for a walk or in the car easier as you don’t need to worry about the pram. You can pick up a second pram cheaply off gumtree or off one of the many twin buy and sell pages.
- If there is somewhere you go regularly – for example, a relative’s house – leave a bag of “stuff” there so you don’t need to take too much with you each time.
- Join your local multiple birth playgroup. This will give you a reason to get out the door, plus help you to learn first-hand other people tricks and tips. Talking to other multiple birth parents always makes you feel better!