What is baby massage?
Massage is a special way you can nurture and express your love for your baby. Through gentle, positive touch your baby can feel a sense of security, affection and trust. Baby massage is a magical thing you and your baby can do together to create a bubble of love.
Some of the incredible benefits for you and your baby:
- Baby massage can help bring relief to colic, wind and constipation. Massage can help break down air bubbles and expel trapped wind
- Baby massage reduces cortisol levels ( the stress hormone) and boosts mood in both parent and baby
- Baby massage can help begin and enhance your bond with your baby. It stimulates many of the key senses including touch, smell, release of oxytocin (the feel good hormone) and eye contact
- Baby massage can relief teething pain and sinus and chest congestion through specific strokes
- Baby massage can improve sleeping patterns
- Baby massage can improve a parent’s confidence and helps you to understand your baby’s non-verbal cues
What is baby yoga?
Based on the same principles of traditional yoga, baby yoga combines gentle stretches and movements to help relax baby and can stimulate their development. In a baby yoga class babies vestibular (sense of balance) and proprioceptive system (body awareness) are stimulated through swings, dips and balances. Baby yoga compliments baby massage nicely.
Some benefits for you and your baby:
- Baby yoga can assist with tummy time
- Baby yoga releases endorphins in both parent and baby and can improve your mood
- A baby yoga class can help you connect with other parents and create a sense of community
- Baby yoga can help develop your baby’s sense of balance, flexibility, body awareness and brain development
- Baby yoga can help bring relief to wind and colic through a variety of stretches
- Baby yoga encourages language development and promotes rhythm through the use of fun songs and rhymes
- A baby yoga class includes yoga inspired poses which are gentle and safe for post-partum mums
- Baby yoga includes breathing techniques for parent to help further promote relaxation
- Baby yoga helps soothe and settle babies through a variety of holds and poses
So what can you expect from a baby massage or baby yoga class?
- Classes are designed to be relaxed and baby led. If baby needs a cuddle, needs to be rocked, changed then that’s completely okay!
- Baby massage is a nurturing class for babies full of loving interaction
- Baby yoga is a beautiful extension of baby massage and has a combination of soothing, fun and active elements
- Classes are not only about baby. They are just as important for you to meet new parents and be a part of a non- judgemental, loving space.
Now more than ever it is so important to remain connected with one another, learn techniques to help calm and relax parent and baby and create time with your baby.
This is why Little Blossoms Baby Massage also offers a range of virtual classes online now.
Attending these online classes is the perfect way we can all continue to make connections with each other and ensure we can still radiate love to our babies.
To find out more, please head to Little Blossoms Baby Massage on Facebook or Instagram: